Don’t forget to Write – Staying in Touch over the Summer!
Camp is right around the corner! I know we keep saying it, but we are really excited to see your camper and our staff is working on the final touches to get everything ready for them.
The Communication section of our website is filled with information and helpful hints for you and your camper so communication can be easy and successful. Here are a few additional things we would like to remind you of to help let your camper know you are thinking about them while they’re away from home this summer.
Everyone loves getting mail – especially campers! Receiving a letter in the mail is an important part of camp and an old-fashion letter helps to keep the communication flowing between parents and campers. Please follow this format (and include the camper’s village) when sending mail to camp.
Addressing Mail to Camp:
Village & Gender*
JCC Camp Chi
PO Box 104
Lake Delton, WI 53940
*Here is the village breakdown by grade and session.
Please note that grades are based on what grade your camper is entering in the fall.
Mini Session 1 or Mini Session 2
|4th & 5th||Yeladim|
|6th & 7th||Kadima|
Take 2, Session 1A, Session 1B, or Session 2
|4th & 5th||Shoreshim|
|9th & 10th||Noar|
If you would like to keep in touch with your camper in a more tech-friendly way, log in to your CampInTouch account and click on “Email” in the “Online Community” section. When you click on the email link, the system will take you to a page to email your camper(s). Standard emails without add-ons (e.g. Stationary, Smart Words & Soduku) are free. Add-ons require “campstamps”, which can be purchased by clicking on the “buy more” link at the top of the page. These purchases are through CampInTouch not Camp Chi.
Several things to note about emails:
- Emails are printed in black & white, and CampInTouch only supports characters in the Latin alphabet.
- Please limit your emails to one per day.
- Campers cannot respond by email but do respond with written letters.
- Emails are printed early each morning and are delivered to campers during mail call after lunch.
Camp Chi’s package policy is meant to balance the needs and wishes of parents, campers and camp staff with safety and feasibility of distribution. We need to control what is entering camp and the number of packages we receive on a daily basis, but we understand that it is fun for parents to send things to their campers while they are away.
You can send care packages if you follow these guidelines:
- Campers may NOT receive envelopes larger than 12”x15”x1”.
- Envelopes larger than 12”x15”x1” and all boxes are not permitted.
- Food cannot be sent to campers.
- Additional packages can be purchased from the Camp Chi Canteen or one of our approved vendors.
Our approved vendors are:
- Chi Canteen: Packages can be ordered online at the ecanteen or 847-763-3677
- Camp Pacs: http://www.camppacs.com or 800-248-2267
- Sealed with a Kiss: http://www.eswak.com or 800-888-7925
- Sealed with a Kiss has provided a 20% shipping discount on ground shipments – just use discount code SMCAMP99.
- And for every package shipped to Chi using this code, Sealed with a Kiss will send us a $4.00 donation at the end of the summer.
Guest Accounts on CampInTouch
If you want your family members and friends to be able to view photos and send emails to your camper, you can create Guest Accounts on CampInTouch by clicking the “Guest Accounts” icon. If you’d like your guest(s) to be able to email your camper(s) make sure to check the appropriate boxes (these will be evident upon entering the guest(s)’s information). After creating each account, your guest(s) will receive an email similar to the one you received when first creating your password and setting your security questions. They will be guided through the same process in order to log in securely.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to create guest(s) accounts for parents/guardians of the camper(s) as that information is already stored in our system. If you’re unsure whether we have the correct information on file, please contact us at 847-763-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re ready for the campers to arrive on Sunday! Now it is your job to stay in touch!