The “Travel Information” form in CampInTouch should be filled out with your child’s travel plans for camp, whether they are taking a bus, flight or driving to and/or from camp. If you are taking a bus to camp, this form gives you the opportunity to pick the bus site you prefer. Once you have filled out the form, you can print out your travel information to use as a reference.
Optional bus transportation is available from the Chicago, Minnesota and Indianapolis areas. Campers travel via comfortable, air-conditioned, washroom-equipped coach buses leaving from and returning to a central location near your home. We also occasionally use smaller buses or vans for transportation. You can find details about dates and times of departure and arrival on your Travel Information form. Spaces are limited on the bus. If your child is not currently registered for the bus and you would like to reserve a space, please call the Camp Chi Office immediately at 847.763.3551. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs, but will not be able to make any changes after June 1.
There are different bus sites in the Chicago area. The check-in time for all of these sites is 10:00am and the buses will leave promptly at 10:30am.
- Buffalo Grove High School – Buffalo Grove
- Glenbrook North High School – Northbrook
- Ida Crown Jewish Academy – Skokie
Indianapolis (Session I only)
The check-in time for this site is 8:30am and they will leave promptly at 9:00am. They will arrive to camp by 3:00pm and back home after camp by 4:00pm. (Please contact us if your child is attending Yeladim/Kadima or Session II.)
- Indianapolis JCC – Indianapolis
The check-in time for this site is 9:30am and they will leave promptly at 10:00am.
- Beth El Synagogue – St Louis Park, MN
Snacks for the Bus
Please send a lunch without peanut butter or nut products and beverage with your child to be eaten during the trip to camp. Additional snacks will be available when your child arrives at camp, but the first meal that we serve on arrival day is dinner. Camp Chi will provide snacks for campers for the bus rides at the end of the session.
Bus Arrival Times at Camp and Return Home
All buses will arrive to camp around 1:30pm where the campers will be greeted by our camp staff. Campers returning home by bus will come back to the site you selected in the Travel Information form through CampInTouch. Campers are expected to arrive at return bus sites around 1:30pm.
Campers flying to camp should fly into either Chicago O’Hare International or Madison’s Dane County Airports. If flying into O’Hare please book your arriving flight to land no later than 12pm on arrival day to camp and departing flight to depart no earlier than 3pm on departure day from camp. If you are flying into Dane County, please call the office at 847.763.3551 to coordinate departure and arrival times.
Parents can choose to drop-off or pick-up their child at Camp Chi.
- Drop off on arrival day will take place at our front office between 1:00-1:30pm. One of our staff will meet you and your camper to unload your luggage and take your camper into to camp to meet their counselor. Please be prepared to say your good-byes at the office as families are not allowed into camp at this time. We welcome families to visit camp on our Camp Visitors Day prior to camp.
- Picking up your camper at the end of camp takes place at our front office between 9:00-9:30am. Campers and their luggage will be brought up to the office to meet you at this time.
We will mail you a bus packet 3-4 weeks prior to the start of camp. This packet will include colored luggage tags to use to label your camper’s bags. We use these tags to sort luggage at camp. All luggage will be delivered to your camper’s village by our staff.
- Chicago area families will receive an email from North Shore Van Lines approximately 14 days prior to departure with details of your luggage pick up. Luggage will be picked up at your home within 6 days of departure.
Outside the Chicago area
- Campers from communities outside the Chicago area who are taking the Chicago buses should bring their luggage to their bus site on the date of their departure.
- Campers from the Twin Cities and Indianapolis should bring their luggage to the bus site on the date of their departure.
Luggage for campers driving or flying to camp:
- Campers driving to camp will be greeted by camp staff who will take their luggage directly to their cabins for them.
- Campers traveling by plane to camp can either ship their luggage to camp or check it through at the airport.
Please be sure that EVERY item your child brings to camp is marked with the camper’s FIRST AND LAST NAME.