Ways to make camp more affordable!
JCC Camp Chi provides a range of opportunities to encourage families to choose Jewish overnight camp and save money on the cost of camp. Additional opportunities may exist through your synagogue or in your community.
All Camp Chi campers who are residents of the six county Chicago area, regardless of economic need, and who attend a Jewish overnight camp for the first time for a period of 3 weeks or more automatically qualify for an incentive grant.
- $1000 for first-time campers who are first in their family to attend a Jewish camp for a session of at least 3 weeks.
- $500 for subsequent siblings attending a Jewish overnight camp for a session of at least 3 weeks.
First time campers from communities outside of the Chicago area may be eligible for special community sponsored or Camp Chi sponsored grants through the One Happy Camper program. These incentive grants are awarded regardless of economic need. There are different eligibility requirements and grant amounts depending on your community.
Jewish Federation Financial Assistance
Need-based financial assistance in the Twin Cities is available through two Camp Scholarship opportunities:
- Minneapolis Jewish Federation | Due by March 30
- Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul | Due by March 30
Judaism 365, Temple of Aaron in St. Paul
Families who are members of Temple of Aaron can receive 50% grant for a 4 week session at Camp Chi. This opportunity is available for 4th, 5th and 6th graders who meet certain Hebrew School and youth programming requirements. Contact Rabbi Jeremy Fine at 651.698.8874 for more information.
Do you love Camp Chi? We sure do and we know you do too! Our best recruitment tool is our happy camp families. Did you know you can turn your love of camp into a discount on the cost of camp? Host a one-hour informational meeting in your home with your friends interested in exploring overnight camp. Our full-time staff will lead the presentation and answer all questions, while sharing the impact Camp Chi can have on campers. You invite your friends and we’ll do the rest.
Just for hosting, you’ll get a $100 credit on this year’s camp tuition, and for every family that attends and registers for two weeks or longer, we’ll give you a credit of $150.
Ready to recruit and save? Send us an email.
Our campers come from more than 20 different states. We love having this geographic diversity at camp. If your camper must travel more than 500 miles to attend Camp Chi, please email us for details about travel assistance.
Register more than one child from your family for camp and save $125 for a second child and $175 for every subsequent sibling. Discount will be reflected on first invoice.
Fee assistance is available. Grants are based on financial need and are allocated on a first-come, first served basis. All applications are confidential.
- A refundable deposit of $150 (instead of the regular $500 deposit) is required at the time of registration.
- A completed Fee Assistance application must be received within 14 days of registration, or your registration will be cancelled.
- There will be a $25 cancellation fee.
- Assistance available for one session only.
- Teen Adventure trips are not eligible.
Applications can be found on JCC Chicago’s website.