A New Medication System in 2020
Camp Chi Family, you spoke, and we listened. We received a lot of feedback that the medication process we have had the past was difficult to use and costly to families. We are proud to introduce you to our new medication partner for Summer 2020: J Drugs.
Keep in mind that a full FAQ will be sent to all families prior to camp and our website will be updated shortly with the J Drugs information, but we want to give you some of the highlights of J Drugs:
- No more confusion! Gone is setting up a log in and account in another system. Just download the J Drugs Medication Order Form in your CampInTouch, fill it out, and send via mail, email, or fax- all of which is on that one sheet.
- Cost savings for you! There is no cost to use JDrugs. You only pay for the medications your camper takes. And cost for J Drugs should be the same as if you were going to your local pharmacy if you submit your paperwork before the registration deadline (30 days prior to the session beginning.)
- Almost all insurance plans! J Drugs is contracted with all major and most minor prescription carriers and will bill your insurance directly for the prescriptions. Any out-of-pocket expenses (copays, deductibles, etc.) will be billed to the credit card you provide.
- Safe and Secure Packing. All pill medications will be packaged in dose packs that include details with your camper’s name, date of birth, time of administration, medication name and dosage, and any special instructions. Non-pill medications will be packaged and dispensed separately.
- Over the counter, vitamins, and more! J Drugs can supply both prescription medications, as well as over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and supplements. In fact, they offer a wide variety of vitamins and supplements at a deeply discounted rate. They require a prescription for this from your camper’s physician and will package them just like all other meds.
- Controlled Substances Are Solved! J Drugs must receive an electronic prescription (or original prescription if your doctor does not electronically prescribe) for all controlled medications prior to shipping the medication. Prescriptions for controlled drugs will only be accepted for a thirty day supply. If your child is attending camp for a longer period, the doctor MUST supply a separate prescription for each 30-day period.
- Injectables, Inhalers and Epi Pens. Campers who carry rescue inhalers, epi pens, or use injectable medications do not need to use J Drugs. These are the only medications that should be sent to camp. Please contact us for more details.
There will be more information coming in the not too distant future. We are excited to be able to make this change to a company many of our colleagues recommend and use, and hope this provides a more positive experience for all of the Camp Chi Families!